Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Valencia 846B foam grille question

  1. #11
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    OK, thanks.

    The foam supplier confirmed that blue foam was not an original color offered by Altec.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Mustang Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    You probably don't need this, but I found the grills on eBay.
    Item Number, 300427164104
    Good luck...

  3. #13
    HB Super Moderator
    Valencia 846B foam grille question


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    846Bs in the '75 & '76 catalogs offered black foam only.

    The advertised foam might well be from the OEM mfr, just in different colors than Altec used. Blue was definitely a JBL color at the time.
    Yes the blue is Only JBL (Indigo Blue)But color is just about preference if you plan on keeping them you can make them any color you want.But if your plan is to sell them then sticking to original colors would be a good idea.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    As most other guys here, I suppose, I have many sets of hi-fi speakers, amps and recordings.

    Some are custom affairs using modern pro drivers and cabs made by local shops. ...others are original cabs and drivers where I restore drivers, networks and cabs so they look and sound exactly as they would when first made by the factory. My Valencias and JBL 4312s are just one example.

    As a hobiest, I enjoy them all but I have a special bond with those that are 100% restored originals. ...kinda brings back memories of my many hours spent in stereo shops in the 1970s - listening to gems, most of them - I then could not afford.

    The luxury of growing old is that you accumulate assets and wealth which makes this "hobby" relatively easier.

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member SOOTSHE's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Smile Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    Here's the email address for the people who do the replacement grills for the 19's. Maybe they can help you with yours? [email protected]

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member Mustang Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    As most other guys here, I suppose, I have many sets of hi-fi speakers, amps and recordings.

    Some are custom affairs using modern pro drivers and cabs made by local shops. ...others are original cabs and drivers where I restore drivers, networks and cabs so they look and sound exactly as they would when first made by the factory. My Valencias and JBL 4312s are just one example.

    As a hobiest, I enjoy them all but I have a special bond with those that are 100% restored originals. ...kinda brings back memories of my many hours spent in stereo shops in the 1970s - listening to gems, most of them - I then could not afford.

    The luxury of growing old is that you accumulate assets and wealth which makes this "hobby" relatively easier.
    If you truly want the "original" look, the grills MUST be black...

  7. #17
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia 846B foam grille question

    ....black foam grills it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.